Sunday, July 17, 2005

Scrabble Showdown

So, what to say? I mean, it's the first post of our new blog. It ought to be profound, or at least provide some interesting tidbit of information. Well, I don't know about profound and it might not interest you but here goes...

I (Chris) "showed Kelly the ropes" in a game of Scrabble the other night. You're probably saying, "so what, big deal". Anyone who knows Kelly can tell you what a wordsmith she claims to be. Always with her head in a dictionary or telling me about some new word she's discovered. And let's not forget about her unusual interest in the National Spelling Bee. If they sold tickets to this event I can honestly say she'd be the first in line. So getting back to the Scrabble, we've been wanting to play for a while now but don't own the game. We go to Chez Target to pick it up but they're sold out. Who's ever heard of a run on Scrabble. I mean, are we experiencing some sort of Scrabble shortage. And not just Scrabble, Monopoly and Scattergories were sold out as well. Our only options were Sorry and Chutes & Ladders (which I seriously considered). So we finally find it at Toys ('backwards R) Us and bust it out on Friday. I start of slow but after a few Beam & Cokes I'm on a tear. I'm bustin' out words like okra, moron and tepid. Kelly has a few moments of her own but just couldn't seem to keep up with my superior skills. Or was it beginners luck? We'll see but for now I wear the Scrabble crown.

1 comment:

gwadzilla said...

well...
you need the OSPD
and
you may want to get the edge by memorizing the list of two letter words
you will dominate for months on not just building
but on her failed challenges

a great set of images on your blog
you guys look like you are really enjoyin life and really enjoying each other

now...
don't be a fool
do not share the 2 letter list with your significant other...
sure it is like EPO or STEROIDS
but...
it is the only way to get that edge

http://www.hasbro.com/scrabble/pl/page.2tomake3/dn/home.cfm

the dog seemed to be enjoying both christmas and the wedding day