Monday, September 26, 2005

Kel's Birthday

Just wanted to thank our fans for helping to make my first birthday as a married woman a smashing success. I spent the day doing what I do best: consuming.

First stop was Old Town Alexandria where I embarked on some fall shopping with Friend-of-Kelly Lauren Davis. We then got back together for dinner after going home to our respective hubbies. We noshed on hummus, wine and sour cherry martinis at our place before heading out to Tallula, one of the best little eateries in the area, particularly notable for its Amuse Yourself menu of cocktail nibblers such as a chorizo sausage corn dog or baby burger with truffle butter.

Anyone who has had drinks with me knows that as the martinis go down, my speaking volume goes up. I’m sure the diners who surrounded us can attest we were having fun. Last year, it was a visit from the cops at 2 a.m. This year, we were shushed by Tallula management. I guess we know how to celebrate. Thanks Chris, Lauren and Jake for helping to make another great birthday memory.

And last night, I got to celebrate again with my mother-in-law Kathy and brother-in-law Andy, so that rounded out the weekend nicely. But having my parents and sister there as well would have made it complete. My mom threw out her back, so maybe next year!! I love and miss you guys.

Also, before I forget, happy birthday to Lovely Linda, with the lovely flowers in her hair...

Now, it’s time to get ready for the holidays… Yes, I said holidays.

Ruby Vino signing off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Impeach Bush!